Instructions for Presentation Poster Papers for IST2014
For ease in transport and mounting, titles, text and figures are often printed onto regular paper and then glued or taped to individual pieces of backing materials, such as colored “poster board”.
Cut slightly larger than your printed pages, such backing materials also provide a colorful “frame” for your work. A visitor to a poster does not want to read it, but to inspect it. Thus, the key to creating an effective poster presentation is visual simplicity achieved without loss of information content.
- The dimensions of the poster board are 90 cm x 120 cm high (view sample below), the size of your poster should be limited to the dimensions of the poster board. We suggest you to print your poster with standard ISO A0 size paper (841mm in width and 1189mm in height), which just fit the board well.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The main body of the poster normally includes Introduction, Objectives, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- The text and illustrations should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- The Introduction should contain 3 to 5 sentences outlining information necessary to understand the study and why it was done. The objectives or aims of the study, the questions to be asked, or the hypothesis to be tested should be clearly stated in as few words as possible.
- Outline your methods briefly. Provide details only for new methods or important modifications of older ones.
- Results should be presented as graphs or charts. Provide a key to explain symbols or other details. You may also want to provide an interpretation of the results below each panel.
- The conclusions and acknowledgements should be concise.
- The printed poster hardcopy should be taken to the conference by the delegates, and will be posted to the poster area in the designated position.
- Be creative. Strive to make the viewer’s experience in reading your poster both intellectually and aesthetically satisfying.
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for hanging the posters.
- Authors who are presenting the poster are required to stand by their poster during each poster session.